Sunday, July 24, 2005

The only two things that are infinite are the universe and human stupidity.

..and I'm not so sure about the universe. (A. Einstein)

It seems there is such a thing as the 'World Stupidity Awards', and also it seems the 2005 awards have just been announced. For some reason, Canada, which was also the hosting country for the awards ceremony, has won Dumbest Government Of The Year (and they were very proud of it, too). I don't live in Canada, or even near it, so I don't know exactly why - but if the South Park episode It's Christmas in Canada is accurate, I kinda see why they won.

Among the more funny awards of this year:

  • George Bush won Stupidest Statement Of The Year by saying "They never stop thinking of ways of harming America, and neither do we."
  • Paris Hilton won Stupidest Woman Of The Year (and will probably hold this title for at least another 10 years), as well as starring in the Stupidest Show Of The Year, The Simple Life.
  • Alien vs. Predator won Stupidest Movie Of The Year - I rather enjoyed this movie so I'd have to disagree. But then again, my idea of a good movie is one where you can go alone, leaving your brain to do your taxwork at home.
  • Kim Jong-Il won Stupidity Award for Reckless Endangerment of the Planet.


Also, take a look at the nominees. I can't believe they nominated Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy for Stupidest Movie Of The Year. :< The book was awesome. Still have to see the movie, though. Is it that bad?
Also, Stupidest Trend Of The Year should have been War, of course. Seeing how the winner there was something called 'Chrystal Meth' (I have no idea what that is), I guess most voters have been Americans, who must think war is the greatest thing in.. well, America.

No comments: